The Supremacy of God Over All Things
- HIGH VIEW OF GOD: We proclaim a God-exalting theology (1Co 15:27-28), God-centered worldview (Acts 17:26-27), and God-glorifying approach to life and ministry (1Co 10:31).
- GOD-HONORING WORSHIP: We cultivate a transcendent worship which produces the fear of God (Isa 6:1-4) and great joy (Psa 122:1).
- GOD-DRIVEN CONVICTIONS: We promote a passion for God’s holy name and a defense of His glorious reputation (2Ch 6:32-33).
The Sufficiency of Scripture in All of Life
- DIVINE REVELATION: We affirm the full inspiration (2 Tim 3:16), complete inerrancy (Ecc 3:11), and total infallibility of Scripture (Pro 30:5-6).
- BIBLICAL AUTHORITY: We uphold that the Scripture alone is ultimately authoritative for the life of the church and for every believer (2Pe 1:21; 2Ti 3:16-17). We do not hold to the belief that any single translation of the Bible is inspired above another; nor do we use paraphrases or translations that fail to maintain the gender distinctions of male and female in the text.
- FULL COUNSEL OF GOD: We acknowledge that the Scripture is sufficient for all matters of life and godliness, including equipping the saints for spiritual growth, guidance, counseling, and ministry (Eph 4:11-12).
- EXPOSITORY PREACHING: We insist that the Scripture should be preached and taught in the power of the Holy Spirit (1Co 2:4-5), giving careful attention to sound doctrine (2Ti 4:2-3) and defense of the faith (Phi 1:7, 17; 1Pe 3:15).
Salvation by Grace through Faith
- JESUS CHRIST: We insist that there is no salvation outside of the person and work of Jesus Christ God’s Only Son Who is also God the Son (John 14:6; Acts 4:12).
- REPENTANCE: We uphold that even in the age of grace God commands all men every where to repent (Acts 17:30).
- FAITH: We believe that saving faith must be in the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21; Rom 3:25; 1Jo 5:1).
- WORKS: We affirm that salvific faith produces works which give evidence of authentic faith (Jam 2:18-20).
- GRACE: We believe that man, undeserving of God’s mercy, is saved by His unmerited, favor—sovereign grace—and grace alone (Eph 2:8-9).
GIFTS: We believe God bestows upon all believers spiritual gifts (Rom 12:6-9) that are to be used for the spreading of the gospel and the edification of the body of Christ (1Co 12:25-31).
SIGN-GIFTS: We believe that a believer does not need to speak in tongues to have an assurance of their salvation. Moreover, we believe that the primary purpose of the sign-gifts was to authenticate the authority and ministry of the apostles (Mark 16:15-18; 2Co 12:12; Heb 2:4). We insist that one can experience the fullness of the Holy Spirit without the manifestation of the sign-gifts of tongues, prophecy or the gift of healing (Eph 5:18-20).
RAPTURE: We believe Christ will rapture the church before the final outpouring of God’s wrath on the earth during the final and great tribulation; we reject any doctrine that suggests the church is protected from persecution or tribulation (Acts 14:22).
ISRAEL: We believe God still has a plan for the Nation of Israel that will be fulfilled primarily in a literal millennial kingdom upon this earth with Christ ruling in fulfillment to covenants with both Abraham and David. For more information on this, see “Nation of Israel” on our Contemporary Issues page.
- HIS COMING: We affirm the truth that Christ will come again in the same literal sense He left (Acts 1:11), He will return to rule and judge as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords (2Ti 4:1; Rev 19:15, at a time that is known only by God.
- BAPTISM: We believe that only those who have been born-again should be baptized, in obedience to our Lord, and the only scriptural baptism is baptism by immersion. Check out our Baptism page for more on baptism.
Check out our discipleship page for more about how converts are discipled at Berean.