The Supremacy of God Over All Things
- HIGH VIEW OF GOD: We proclaim a God-exalting theology (1 Cor 15:27-28), God-centered worldview (Acts 17:26-27), and God-glorifying approach to life and ministry (1 Cor 10:31).
- GOD-HONORING WORSHIP: We cultivate a transcendent worship which produces the fear of God (Isa 6:1-4) and great joy (Psa 122:1).
- GOD-DRIVEN CONVICTIONS: We promote a passion for God’s holy name and a defense of His glorious reputation (2 Chro 6:32-33).
The Sufficiency of Scripture in All of Life
- DIVINE REVELATION: We affirm the full inspiration (2 Tim 3:16), complete inerrancy (Ecc 3:11), and total infallibility of Scripture (Prov 30:5-6).
- BIBLICAL AUTHORITY: We uphold that the Scripture alone is ultimately authoritative for the life of the church and for every believer (2 Pet 1:21; 2 Tim 3:16-17). We do not hold to the belief that any single translation of the Bible is inspired above another; nor do we use paraphrases or translations that fail to maintain the gender distinctions of male and female in the text.
- FULL COUNSEL OF GOD: We acknowledge that the Scripture is sufficient for all matters of life and godliness, including equipping the saints for spiritual growth, guidance, counseling, and ministry (Eph 4:11-12).
- EXPOSITORY PREACHING: We insist that the Scripture should be preached and taught in the power of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 2:4-5), giving careful attention to sound doctrine (2 Tim 4:2-3) and defense of the faith (Phil 1:7; Phil 1:17; 1 Pet 3:15).
Salvation by Grace through Faith
- JESUS CHRIST: We insist that there is no salvation outside of the person and work of Jesus Christ God's Only Son Who is also God the Son (John 14:6; Acts 4:12).
- REPENTANCE: We uphold that even in the age of grace God commands all men every where to repent (Acts 17:30).
- FAITH: We believe that saving faith must be in the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21; Rom 3:25; 1 John 5:1).
- WORKS: We affirm that salvific faith produces works which give evidence of authentic faith (James 2:18-20).
- GRACE: We believe that man, undeserving of God’s mercy, is saved by His unmerited, favor—sovereign grace—and grace alone (Eph 2:8-9).
GIFTS: We believe God bestows upon all believers spiritual gifts (Rom 12:6-9) that are to be used for the spreading of the gospel and the edification of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:25-31).
SIGN-GIFTS: We believe that a believer does not need to speak in tongues to have an assurance of their salvation. Moreover, we believe that the primary purpose of the sign-gifts was to authenticate the authority and ministry of the apostles (Mark 16:15-18; 2 Cor 12:12; Heb 2:4). We insist that one can experience the fullness of the Holy Spirit without the manifestation of the sign-gifts of tongues, prophecy or the gift of healing (Eph 5:18-20.
RAPTURE: We believe Christ will rapture the church before the final outpouring of God's wrath on the earth during the final and great tribulation; we reject any doctrine that suggests the church is protected from persecution or tribulation (Acts 14:22).
ISRAEL: We believe God still has a plan for the Nation of Israel that will be fullfilled primarily in a literal millenial kingdom upon this earth with Christ ruling in fullfillment to covenants with both Abraham and David. For more information on this, see "Nation of Israel" at http://www.bereanbaptistchurch.org/contemporary-issues.php
- HIS COMING: We affirm the truth that Christ will come again in the same literal sense He left (Acts 1:11), He will return to rule and judge as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords (2 Tim 4:1; Rev 19:15, at a time that is known only by God.
- BAPTISM: We believe that only those who have been born-again should be baptized, in obedience to our Lord, and the only scriptural baptism is baptism by immersion. Check out www.bbcfnc.org/baptism.php for more on baptism.
Check out our discipleship page for more about how converts are discipled at Berean.